Sunday, September 18, 2011

Open Love Letter to my Husband

Dear Will,

I love looking at our wedding pictures and reliving that day. I was so in love and so happy to be finally spending the rest of my life with you. I had been waiting almost two years for the day and finally we could say our vows and be together.

You first caught my attention by making me laugh over spilled salsa (I stand by my claim that it was you who spilled it). Even now, years later, you still make me laugh so hard my stomach hurts and I can't breathe. When you have a full conversation with me in your sleep, your strange ability to remember the most random quotes, when you try to rap, when you try to sing, your silly dances.

During the last month of college I was so stressed working and frustrated with everything; but you were there on the phone every night encouraging me, talking me down off the ledge. I couldn't have done it without you and I still lean on you today. You're always there for me when it seems like the whole world is against me. I can count on you for soft words, lots of hugs, and junk food to make it all better. And when that doesn't work, you tell me to suck it up. When we go through all the tough parts together it doesn't seem so bad.

The first time I flew to Anchorage to see you, I was so nervous and excited! My hands were trembling and my throat was dry when I walked out the baggage claim door. All that went away when you stepped out of your truck, took my bag, and gave me the sweetest hug. That's when I started to know that I was falling in love with you, being with you felt natural and unforced.

I'm both amazed and not surprised at all that we've made it so far. I'm amazed because we had...have...so many things working against us. I'm amazed because I feel so lucky to have you. I'm not surprised at all because it's so obvious we're perfect for each other.

There are so many reasons why I love you: I can be a total geek in front of you, and you keep the teasing to a minimum. You eat everything I cook, even when I won't. You don't judge me when I stuff my face with junk food, with the exception of Twinkies. Even when we're fighting and we're both so angry with each other, we usually end up laughing by the end of it...usually because you start it. You're always by my side if you're able. If I want to lie around on the couch all day, you're putting on a movie and sprawling out next to me. If I want to go shopping, do laundry, or explore some cave I found online, you're putting on your shoes and grabbing the keys. Even if you're in the middle of a week of 12's at work and you're exhausted, you still find time for me. The list goes on and on and every day I find something new to love about you.

You are my shining white knight, my prince, my soul mate, the love of my life, my forever, my fairy tale ending, my best friend, and my everything. Most of all you're my husband, this I'm most grateful for. Happy first anniversary.

Love,
Ech

K&M Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment