Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hooked On Our Games

So the friends we went to visit in Germany, they got us hooked on Family Feud on our iPods. At first we would team up and do the challenges together. But then, Will got all competitive and started challenging me for the daily high score. Too bad I keep beating him! Sucker.

It's good that we have a side game to play because we've been fighting over the PS3. This time he's been super into some basketball game. Which is stupid because his character is playing for the stupid Lakers at the moment. (GO BLAZERS!)

I've been playing Dishonored. It's amazing. It's a cross between the Elder Scrolls games and a darker version of the Fable games. Unlike Fable, the character's appearance and the outcome of your decisions aren't readily known to you. I guess I'll have to play the game from the start when I'm done and make different choices to see what changes in the storyline. If you've played the last installation of the Gears of War trilogy, you'll probably agree with me that the setting is similar. Instead of an invasion, the landscape was ravaged by the plague brought by rats. "Weepers" aka zombie-like humans appear throughout the maps. The whole climbing, sneaking, and jumping around movements remind me of Assassin's Creed. So..basically my favorite games came together to make a hybrid of sorts.

Wow, I really got sidetracked...anyway, we're both super into our games. He can only save (supposedly) after each game. I can save at anytime during my game. See how this could be a problem when we have time limits? Luckily we've been super mature and semi-reasonable about sharing play time. Not like the time I was playing Skyrim and he was playing some football game.

I know Jordan has talked about the difficulties of sharing the computer with her boyfriend before. Does anyone else have this problem? I actually don't know a lot of gamer couples in real life so it's hard to find people to commiserate with. The ones I do know, have their own consoles and tv's. We've been seriously thinking about adding a second tv and getting our games split between the PS3 and X360. We were joking about it before, but it might be a real discussion if we have the money for it after the gift giving season.



PS - We're giving away a month of 200x200 ad/button space over at
TheRandomWritingsofRachel

3 comments:

  1. :) i love games too...but i prefer board games! :) BUTTT i do love some words iwth friends haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha my husband loves his PS3, but I'm *so* bad at gaming...I just let him do his thing! :-)

    New follower from The Random Writings of Rachel!

    Stef @ Miss Jo and Co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are always fighting over the laptop! So the rule is, you can either control the remote control, or the laptop, but not both at the same time. That seems to work out pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete