Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I'm not bragging, I'm just stating the facts

I bought an ergonomic keyboard over the weekend to help save my wrists since I'm training to become an MT (medical transcriptionist). The space bar was especially stiff and was difficult to press sometimes. Will, being the sweetheart that he is, took it back before work to exchange it for me. I guess one of the ladies took it out, hooked it up, and tested it out. They asked him several times what was wrong with it because it worked fine. It's not that customer service was being rude or difficult, it's just that they needed to know why we were returning it and if they could resell it as is.

Here's the thing. I can get up to 90+ words per minute when I type. I average about 70-80's on a regular day when I'm not taking typing tests. It's painfully obvious when something is wrong with the keyboard when typing that fast. While Will was retelling the story about what happened at the store, I just sort of on the side made the comment, "I don't type at the same speed as a regular person so I noticed the space bar real quick." I think he was taking off his boots or something and he whipped his head up to give me a look like, "Whoa conceited much?" So I followed up with, "I'm not saying that to brag. It's just a fact."

Now I feel like my husband is silently judging me.

typing test
Proof.

PS- I'm still keeping myself pretty well motivated to keep up with studying! I'm big on procrastination when it comes to school so I'm really proud of myself for not letting that instinct get the best of me so far. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you're bragging--but 90+ WPM is pretty darn fast, and it's something you can legitimately be proud of. Angel and I like to race each other on typing tests all the time. He's usually faster and I'm usually more accurate :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So weird to see that the average typing speed is only 36 wpm. I decided to take some tests myself to see how I did. Way faster than I thought I was. ;-) I hadn't taken a test in a long time. The online ones are pretty snazzy...I just did one that was a pain in the butt and there was lag on the next line which caused errors if it didn't process my letter in time..that was annoying. :-P

    ReplyDelete