Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pumpkin Festival 2012

It was rainy.
I was still recovering from my cold.
Mama was under the weather.
Will was in the beginning stages of catching my cold.

But I made everyone bundle up for the Pumpkin Festival in Venzone. Will and I went last year and it was a blast so I really wanted to go again. There were a lot less booths than last year...I'm guessing due to the rain. But there were also a LOT less people so were able to actually enjoy the entertainment and shopping.

Pumpkin Festival 2012
Pumpkin Festival 2012
Pumpkin Festival 2012
Pumpkin Festival 2012

We checked out the town's famous mummies. The bodies were naturally mummified by a fungus that grows there. SUPER creepy, especially the ones that looked like they were looking at me.

Pumpkin Festival 2012
Pumpkin Festival 2012

While we were checking out one of the cheese booths, a trio of musicians set up next to us and began playing. They were really good! They kept making faces at each other and laughing without missing a beat or note.

Pumpkin Festival 2012

This year we got our own pastries. None of that sharing this time around. I wish bought two, but we were tired and freezing. I'm surprised the rain didn't turn into snow. As soon as we got to the car, we devoured our food.

Pumpkin Festival 2012

Even though it was super cold and we weren't feeling well, it was totally worth the trip. I can't wait for next year!

4 comments:

  1. It's soo pretty there, what a fun festival

    ReplyDelete
  2. pumpkin festivals! And look at you for making a positive out of not feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nice thing about bad weather is that less people are crazy enough to go out and have adventures in it! That looks like such a pretty place to visit! Except for the mummy part, I don't think I'd like that part.

    ReplyDelete