I didn't take before pictures, but here's some recent shots to give you an idea of what I started out with:
I played with the idea of cutting it up to my chin, but I chickened out. Will actually liked the idea and encouraged it. That surprised me since he always said he preferred I keep my hair past my shoulders. Maybe next time I'll go for it. But this time I went with a medium length cut (but SUPER short to me since I'm so used to my long hair).
|"What did I do!?"|
A few reasons why I loved my hair dresser:
- She didn't insist on small talk. I was focusing all my concentration on not flopping my head down and falling asleep. So trying to do the whole small talk thing could have ended in disaster.
- She asked when the last time I had last washed my hair before picking out a shampoo based on how it felt. I've never had anyone ask me that before. I had a lot more faith that she would treat me right after that.
- When I showed a picture of my idea she walked me through all the elements of it.
- I asked for a good amount of length to be cut. She showed me where she would cut and confirmed the length. Then she cut it. I hate when I ask for a lot to be cut off and the hair dresser only cuts an inch off at a time and won't just go for it.
- She was so meticulous about making sure my hair was even at all points. I've had some people only check the lengths at two or three spots and call it good. She checked at least a dozen to make sure. I can appreciate a person who puts that much effort in their work.
I'm excited to wash my hair and see how it looks curly. Will hopes it'll turn into a lion's mane. He's so excited to get home to pet and feel my hair. I'm not sure what he means by that because it actually feels the same when I pet it....there's just less to pet.