Monday, January 14, 2013

The Weekend

deployment care packages


Seester deployed recently so I put together two care packages for her. One with smell goods (laundry pods and candle wax for her Scensty...yes she brought her Scentsy with her). The other with deliciousness (beef jerky, candy, K cups). I heard that if you mix non food items with food items they take on the smell and taste of each other. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want her coffee to taste like Ocean Breeze and vice versa.

library books


I did something I haven't done in forever...browsed at the library. It was library dog day so there were lots of families and dogs hanging out. Melt my heart moment: A dad and son were searching for books together and showing each other their finds as they came across them. So sweet! I exercised some self control for once and only walked out for three books.

The Walking Dead comic books


I went to check the mail and got a surprise! The mister's deployment presents came in! I'm super excited because I get to read them first before I send them to him periodically throughout his deployment. Of course I had the bad timing of going to the library first so I have to read those three books before I can get to these.

I learned that the post office sliding doors hate me. They refuse to acknowledge me. I walked up...nothing. Took a step back...nothing. I'm not one to wave my hands around and do dances to get a door to open so I walked over to the other side of the building to the manual door in the actual office part. Then, after I got the box of books (and two other small ones) I went to go out the door...nothing. So I had to struggle through the manual doors again and fight through a crowd of people standing in line to send their packages. As soon as I walk out, the doors open for someone walking in. WTF? Not cool.

spam musubis

To cheer myself up and give me some sustenance for some hardcore reading, I made myself some teriyaki spam musubis. That one on the right...yeah definitely over packed it and it turned into a nightmare of a mess to eat. But it was delicious!

By the way, I read Secret Society Girl in one sitting. It was a super fun book to read. The plot was pretty elementary, but the writing and vocabulary were above average. I would recommend it. Other than reading, I've been watching Party Down. SUPER funny! I can't wait for the mister to get back so I can introduce him to it. He's going to love it.

Hope everyone had lovely weekends, HAPPY MONDAY!


Linking up with Sar & Sydal

6 comments:

  1. Seems like a great weekend, other than being ignored by doors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those teriyaki musubis look DELICIOUS. Sign me up!

    <3 <3 Glad to see you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those teriyaki musubis look amazing...recipe?!??!
    Great book choices, and i loveeee the package idea you sent out.
    And the walking dead (while not my favorite haha i get scared too easily) is awesome to send to the hubs!
    All in all it sounds great, minus the doors ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One sitting should in order it too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walking Dead! I am obsessed with Walking Dead. Cannot wait until it returns from it's holiday break hiatus. I'll have to look into those books for sure.

    And I loved House Rules! I pretty much love anything Jodi Piccoult (minus The Pact) writes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! Love TWD! I'm still getting through compendium one.

    ReplyDelete