Wednesday, February 6, 2013

First Things First

Linking up with Halie & Hallie

1. First Trip Out of The Country
I went to Juarez, Mexico on a missions trip with my church. This was before all the violence befell the city. It was such an eye opening trip.


Playing with some local kids in between building a house.

2. First Major Purchase on Your Own 

I guess my education. My dad cosigned, but I'm the one paying for it. But in terms of things, my X360. I saved up and bought it with my employee discount when I was working at Hollywood Video. 

3. First Thing You Learned to Cook

Top Ramen. I love the stuff so it's no surprise that Mama taught me how to make it myself when I was 9 or 10. Or maybe rice in a rice cooker.

4 comments:

  1. My XBox is one of my favorite possessions! It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also went on a couple of trips to Juarez with my church mission trips! Did you build a house with Amor Ministries? Because that's what we did! Such a small world sometimes :) Glad you linked up with us this week, glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never yet been to Mexico. Maybe someday. Angel still has family there, but I must admit I'm a little nervous of traveling out to the countryside of Mexico. Which is crazy because give my Malaysia or Thailand or even China and I won't be a bit nervous. I guess it's all what you're used to!
    And I have distinct early memories of cooking macaroni-n-cheese from a box when I was about 9. I think that's the first thing I learned to cook on my own. You gotta start with those easy ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE my xbox. :)
    I'm heading out of the country for the first time (ok i went on a cruise, no biggie there) this year!

    ReplyDelete