Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Life Plan

I was reading a recent post on Amy's blog and it got me thinking.

When I was growing up I always thought I'd meet my husband in college and get married after graduation. I'd have my first kid by 25 and be done by 30 to 35. When I got to college age, I wanted to throw up at the idea of getting married anytime soon. In fact I straight out told my friends I would consider it a failure on my part if I got married before 25.

20 year old Ech not at all ready for marriage or babies.
But then I met Will and I was right on schedule for my original "master plan". We've been talking about having kids since we got married, but I think we're more serious about the idea now. I'm 26 now so I'm a little behind on my original baby making schedule. How weird is that though? 20 years ago I had a plan in mind and it kind of worked out.

PS - If you don't read Amy's blog yet, go check it out! She's one of my favorite bloggers!

7 comments:

  1. I had no plans of babies or marriage until I was at least 30. THAT didn't really work out the way I thought at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're 26?? Really? I had no idea. I had you pegged at a lot closer to my age, for some reason. Getting married young was not at all in my plan....even my Mom said, "Out of any of my daughters, I would not have expected you to get married in your teens"....but I have always planned to have kids before 30. From everything I've heard, as far as physical recovery and stuff, the 20s is an easier time to be pregnant than 30s, so I think I'm going to stick to that plan, though at the moment I still don't really have that mythical "baby fever" yet! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm unmarried (although I do have my honey), no children, and don't own a home. All things I remember thinking would happen when I crossed over into my 30s. Well here I am now, 17 days into being 30 and none of the above are (as far as I know) on the horizon. I learned long ago though that life brings you things when you're ready. I have a wonderful career, the time to be co-chair for my alma mater's reunion and still plenty of baby-making-years ahead of me. Sometimes things may not go as "planned" but then when has life stuck to a schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy that your plan worked out though because mine did not! But I'm happy my plan didn't work out because I like where I am in life right now.

    BABIES. I am not ready for babies yet, but I am OBSESSED WITH BABIES. I hope you get pregnant and I get to follow your pregnancy journey via blog :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 i had no idea you were 26...i was gunning for 23/24! :)
    #2 How cool that your plan worked out anyway...ish. right? Like i said on that post, i wanted to start having babies by 25 and that will be THIS year and there is no way that is happening...but i couldn't imagine my life any differently. It's awesome how things work out like that...especially when we think we know it all! haha.
    #3 thanks for the shout out girl! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is funny how life works out just the way it was meant to. For me, growing up my mom was a stay at home mom who sacrificed everything for her kids. In my AWFUL teenage years, I swore I wanted to be the exact opposite. I wanted to work full time, my kids would be in daycare, and I was going to climb that corporate ladder.
    Turns out I got married at 22. I mostly just volunteered. I now have 3 kids and I stay at home. I am so happy with how things turned out. I am just like my mom and could not be prouder.
    It is ironic though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, life always surprises us! But for the better :)
    -Nicole
    http://pushupsandpumps.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete