Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Scrubbing My Life Away

I got out of bed at 5 a.m. and decided to be productive. Since I forgot to buy dish soap, washing dishes was out. So I grabbed a bucket, a pair of rubber gloves, a sponge, and all the scrubbing brushes I own and headed downstairs. I wouldn't eat off any surface in the bathroom, but I'd definitely touch it without gloves and walk barefoot on the floor. (I wear house slippers so that's saying something.) I used a grout brush and went to town on the floor. I got it down to a livable beige instead of brown. Ideally I'd like white, but my wrists hurt and I refuse to scrub any longer. I also scrubbed the shower...let's just say I normally surface clean and I fought the urge to throw up when I scrubbed the shower door tracks and chunks of who-knows-what started flowing out. And of course I wiped everything down, even the walls.

I'd love to give you pictures, but it's still dark out and the lighting is HORRIBLE in there. And let's face it, you really can't tell. But I can. When the sun comes up I plan on moving along to other rooms to dust and sweep. For now I'm catching up on my favorite blogs and relaxing.

Noon Update:
I went to the commissary and stocked up on food. Then I went to the BX and did a little retail therapy...for my husband. I came home did the dishes, scrubbed the stove, and wrapped the mister's V-day present. I used Rachel's super awesome present wrapping method. She's a genius!

3 comments:

  1. It feels good to get some hard-core cleaning done....even though I never want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD FOR YOU. Cleaning, while i love it, can be a pain in the arse sometimes!
    GIRL i love love love the new picture...seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous. Our apartment needs cleaned so bad but I just DO NOT have the energy... one day this week for sure!

    ReplyDelete