Friday, February 8, 2013

Unpinned

I finally unpinned a new pin from my Pinterest boards. My kitchen was starting to smell a little funky so I checked my Pinterest boards to check for a solution.

Pin
I peeled three oranges and added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. There were no clear cut instructions on how much water or oranges so I just winged it. I filled the pot halfway with water and squeezed the juice from the oranges in the mix for good measure. My hands now smell deliciously of oranges.

The scent around the house is subtle. I think the concoction needed more orange peels. I also have a lemon and rosemary scent pinned. I'm going to have to try that one too.

4 comments:

  1. I have been loving citrus smells lately. Perhaps I am ready for summer? This sounds like a lovely way to make the home smell great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmm I've done something similar to this before and it made my house smell absolutely HEAVENLY!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel so satisfied when I actually do something I learned on pinterest! it makes me feel like the hours of my life i have spent pinning aren't a total waste!!! haha

    http://carlkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, I've done the lemon rosemary one, the recipe I found was lemon, rosemary and vanilla, but I didn't like the vanilla.

    ReplyDelete