Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dolomites

Dude. I totally forgot the rest of Mama's trip. Dolomites, Lake Bled, Plitvice Lakes...I forgot to post some of the prettiest parts of her visit. I'm hanging my head in shame. So we're going to backtrack to last fall and see some really pretty fall leaves and gorgeous pictures. I'd love to go back to these places again before we PCS.



We had a few days between trips so we decided to take a drive through the mountains. The Dolomites are just a little ways in past Barcis so we kept driving along and stopped here and there.

Dolomites
 
Dolomites
Dolomites

The sun was out to play so a lot of my mountain pictures got washed out in the light. Trust me when I say...gorgeous drive. I want to drive farther sometime up to Bolzano. There are some week long treks through the Dolomites. I'd like to say I want to do them...but I don't. I'll maybe hike to the first checkpoint and call it good.

1 comment:

  1. first off: wholly crap i love your new header on your blog!
    ....all of the places you get to travel....girl i am so jealous! lol

    ReplyDelete