Monday, March 4, 2013

This Weekend, I...


This weekend was mostly uneventful. The mister and I stayed in, watched our shows (currently catching up on The League and we started Heroes since Will never really watched it).
 
I think my ramen was trying to tell me something.
 
 
I made a chicken package and tossed in some Spam, a little Sriracha sauce, and a little hoisin sauce. Mmm, it's ridiculously good. Normally I'd put an egg in there too, but we were out.
 
I got to talk to my dad for a while. It's been awhile so we had a lot of catching up to do. We tentatively planned a family trip for next year. I'm crossing every finger and toe that it happens because it would be AMAZING and so much fun if it did.
 
Saturday we made a commissary run since we were out of eggs...and pretty much everthing else. It was a gorgeous day and the snowy mountains were out in all their beauty.
 
Italian Alps
Italian Alps
 
We also made a stop by the library. I picked up Matched and read it while the mister played Dead Space 3. That game is creeeeeeepy! I tried playing it last week while Will was at work...that lasted all of 15 minutes before I got creeped out and quit. Even when he's playing, I scream and jump. It drives him nuts but I can't help it!
 
I loved Matched! I had my reservations since trilogies set in the future are being churned out so quickly. But I liked it a lot. I have the others on hold, but patience has never been a strong suit for me.

There should be a super cute picture of us at a goat farm from Sunday. But I have a bad habit of staying up as long as necessary to finish a book and Will zones out on his video games so we kind of stayed up all night and kind of slept in until 3:30 in the afternoon. So we missed the goats. To make up for it, the mister went and got us some sushi and we watched The Lorax on Netflix.

We also got to Skype with my sister-in-law and our super cute niece. My sister-in-law and soon-to-be brother-in-law finally set a date for their wedding so we spent a good amount of our time talking about it. Will is super concerned about what he has to wear since their colors are brown and pink.

All in all, another quiet weekend spent with my husband before he deploys. It's coming up quick so we're trying to get in as much quality alone time together as possible. Even if it's just cuddling on the couch watching tv.
 
 


8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, spam, you brave brave girl. It just isn't my thing. ha. :)
    I LOVED matched too, i finally got the third book and i need to re-read the first two now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know where he will go once deployed? That must be really hard for you. Glad you can spend lots of quality time together now. Relaxing weekends are so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good weekend. I loved Matched!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! The Ramen looks delicious. I love Ramen because it's cheap, but there are so many things you can do with it. I sometimes add an egg and/or peas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That view is gorgeous! Glad you got a quiet, beautiful weekend with your hubby before he deploys. Deployments sure are the worst, aren't they?

    Well, if you get too bored, St. Louis has a room waiting for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I have never thought of adding stuff to ramen, OH MY GOD MY LIFE IS CHANGED FOREVER.

    2. Deployment... No. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing weekend. Those are often my fav!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete