Friday, April 26, 2013

Loco Moco

Loco Moco is my favorite easy meals to make. I love the stuff!

Step 1: A layer of cooked white rice. I love rice so I use almost a whole cup.
Step 2: Add a hamburger patty. It can be grilled (which tastes amazing), but most times I fry it. If I don't have a hamburger patty, I'll use a quarter to half a pound of ground beef.
Step 3: Add a fried egg.
Step 4: Drown it all in gravy. And I mean drown it. This Hawaiian restaurant just outside of one of the Elmendorf gates served loco moco that was almost like gravy soup. Maybe don't put that much...but maybe try it because it was disgusting and delicious at the same time.

And voila! Meal is done. And it's surprisingly filling. I have to force myself to eat it all and it fills my husband's never ending pit of a stomach. It was one of the first things I learned how to cook when I decided to learn how to cook more than just ramen and frozen pizza.

7 comments:

  1. I have heard of this but have never tried it. Hmmm maybe I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this sounds pretty good. I feel insprired to try this with all different types of food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! And then let me know what you try out so I can too!

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of this kind of meal! I can definitely imagine that it would be filling because of all the protein! I've never eaten beef with rice though. My latest "easy" quick meal is fried rice. I probably shouldn't be as addicted to that stuff as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had it and it sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... I am drooling. This looks AMAZING. Gravy is my comfort food. I craved it all during my pregnancy. I would pour it on anything and everything just so I could eat it. I may or may not have eaten it by itself once or twice. :)

    Ash

    ReplyDelete