Monday, April 15, 2013

Over the Weekend

After the whole Friday craziness, I wasn't up for much on Saturday. It was a lazy day in bed with Netflix. Eventually I got up and made some shrimp pasta with homemade alfredo sauce. I toasted up a slice of Texas Toast garlic bread...ridiculously good. In fact, Will normally eats most of it and I get maybe a plate or two for leftovers. Not thinking, I made a regular sized batch and now I'll be eating it all week. Oh well, it's one of my favorite meals.

shrimp pasta with alfredo sauce and garlic texas toast

Since I was in bed all day I didn't sleep well Saturday night. Rather than waste the day trying to get rest, I got up early and baked cookies for care packages. One for Will and one for Seester. Seester loves peanut butter cookies and Will always tries to steal them when I bake them for her so I thought I'd make a big batch for both of them...but I had a less peanut butter than I thought. I made a half batch of that and a full batch of chocolate chocolate chip pudding cookies (pin I used chocolate pudding instead of vanilla).

Ech baking
flourless peanut butter cookies and chocolate chocolate chip pudding cookies
flourless peanut butter cookies and chocolate chocolate chip pudding cookies

Then, my man and I Skyped! It was a terrible connection, but we got a good amount of quality conversation in before it started dropping us. 

Ech & Will Skype date

The rest of the day was spent finishing up the cookies, packing the boxes (non decorated --> Airing My Dirty Laundry!), cleaning up the kitchen some (I'll finish tomorrow), and lazying about on the computer. I was productive enough to feel good about myself without getting a whole lot done. My idea of a good weekend.

I used to have Instagram...but then I deleted it. And now I caved again. Ugh I'm weak, I know. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of it, but check your requests...I may have added you.




Linking up with...

5 comments:

  1. Lots of food = easy dinners for a few nights. lol

    Recent Post: Evy's Tree Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay instagram!
    The dinner sounds DELICIOUS! yummm
    And those cookies...i'm drooling! haha.
    I'm glad y'all got some skype time in...you're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so tasty! And care packages are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. They were! I exercised the ultimate self control and only ate one of each. I packed the rest up in the care packages.

      Delete