Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Queen Protects the King

I saw a quote on Pinterest and I fell in love with it. "Every man needs a woman when his life is a mess because, just like in the game of chess, THE QUEEN PROTECTS THE KING." It's how I feel about Will. I feel a strong desire to protect him and take care of him. So when I saw this crown ring on Etsy I knew I wanted it. It was fate, the seller is from Portland!


It arrived before Will left and showed it to him as a surprise. He normally gives an uninterested nod or a flat, "Cool." when I show him things I bought. But I was surprised when he stopped what he was doing to look at it and then waited to see how it looked on my finger. He loves it! I wanted to wear it on my middle finger next to my ring finger, but I underestimated my finger sizes and it fits on my ring finger. Turns out, it fits perfectly above my wedding band so that worked out nicely.

Every time I look down at it I feel proud to be Will's wife and fiercely protective of what we have. It's a good feeling.

6 comments:

  1. Oh girl that is a beautiful ring and so creative! I love it as a part of your wedding set :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, i LOVE this...seriously such a great idea!
    & that is a beautiful ring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cool and the fact it's from "home" is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! That ring is gorgeous and what a wonderful meaning behind it.

    ReplyDelete