Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Real Talk

Will: I need you to do something for me.
Ech: Okay.
Will: Somewhere around the 8th or 9th I have to go to finance and set up that savings plan.
Ech: Okay...
I'm already opening a window to log into our bank account ready to move money for him.
Will: I need you to go online and buy me some Dickie's.
Ech: Huh?
Will: Yeah I need work pants.
Ech: Wait, what?
Will: It's getting hot here and I can wear Dickie's on the line instead of my coveralls.

I wish I could say he doesn't always talk in non sequiturs. But no. This is normal. He will also move onto a new subject and halfway through he'll switch back and finish his thoughts on the previous topic. I like to think it keeps my mind on its toes trying to keep up with his conversations, but for all I know he's killing my brain cells with confusion.

7 comments:

  1. Haha this is my husband too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwaaahaha he's just trying to keep you on your toes. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) haha i think that is most boys..granted i've been known to do the same thing too in a conversation...whoops ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angel would say that's what it's like to talk to me. I always think about multiple things at the same time and try to talk about them all at once and he gets a little lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have been baffled too.

    Dickies is also the name of a local BBQ place so I'd be like, "Um, you want ribs? I don't think they'd be very tasty after I mailed them.."

    ReplyDelete