Friday, April 12, 2013

This Week


Mama sent a box filled with goodies. My favorite is this adorable solar powered dancing elephant! I love getting boxes from her!




The video is nonsense and puts a smile on my face every single time. I love baby elephants!



So. Much. Deep. Cleaning. I'm not even close to being done. It's amazing how much Will distracts me from getting things done around the house and how much we never took care of since moving in. I've been so productive around here, I'm so proud of myself!



Remember how I said I wasn't going to do anything yesterday but wallow and watch Netflix and pamper myself? I lied. I drove over to Decathlon to pick up that elliptical. Good thing too! It was the last one! ...or at least it was the last one they had out. I thought I might be able to get away with carrying by myself...nope. A nice guy walking by helped me put it in my cart. Then at the checkout, the girl called over a guy to walk me out and help me put it in the car. Then when I got home one of the guys working construction next door literally ran over when he saw me carrying it and carried it into my house for me. So sweet! I love the thoughtfulness and helpfulness of strangers. There's no way I could have done it on my own.

I did, however, build it all on my own. It was easy enough, just a pain in the ass with all the moving parts and poorly drawn pictures. But it's done and it works and I'm ready to get in shape! My goal is live through a scary movie by outrunning the killer...and beat my husband in a footrace. We I decided that he would run 1.5 miles and I would run 1 mile and race. He's a whole foot taller than me and has to stay in shape for a living so I get less distance.

6 comments:

  1. That will be great to have it right there in your place. ANd you can work out while watching tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love that dancing elephant too. Packages are always fun to get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Doing all that by yourself. I am dying over the race you are having, giving him a whole extra half mile. But I agree with your logic, it's only fair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just thought I would let you know, I was totally looking forward to watching your little elephant dance but the video was set as private? Let me know 'cause I wanna watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What good timing for your box of goodies! And seriously, husbands are a distraction from real work. I get so much done when Angel's at work. And I love helpful strangers. I made a couple trips across the world by myself when I had a sprained wrist and I met so many nice men who would help me put my carry-on in the overheard compartment. My wrist, after years of time and physical therapy....still isn't 100%, I wouldn't mind if I met some more helpful people when I'm traveling alone this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that little elephant is adorable!! And look at you go with your deep cleaning AND building that elyptical!
    WOOT WOOT

    ReplyDelete