Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blogger Love

My blogger friends have been the most supportive while my husband and I survive our first deployment. They were the first to check in on me and the ones who get it or want to get it. They cheer me on, laugh with me, and send prayers and positive thoughts when I'm down. There are a few in particular that I feel an extra special connection with and would never have met if it hadn't been for blogging. Sorry, I know the prompt says one, but I really can't choose just one.
I first started reading Katie's blog because she's a fellow military spouse. Then I found out she's stationed basically next door to the university I went to. Then I found out her husband was deploying soon after mine. She has been so supportive and helpful, especially since she's been through multiple deployments. She also has the cutest dogs! I pretend to own them vicariously through her. Seriously, look at this post. I promise you'll be awwww-ing all over it.
BECOMING A NAVY WIFE
What drew me to Julie's blog was the Hawaii connection. She was living in Hawaii with her Navy husband. Any chance I get to see my beloved Hawaii I grab it. Unfortunately, I tuned in at the end of her stay there but I kept following along. I'm so grateful I did because she is so sweet and thoughtful. I was having a sad day after my husband deployed and she posted this which made me laugh and completely turned my day around. She was also the first to email me after my husband left to make sure I was doing okay. I can't describe how grateful I was for her kind words.
And finally, Amy. I can't remember how I found her, but she is my blogger ray of sunshine and positivity. I wish we lived near each other so we could hang out in person on a regular basis. She's super creative...it's the kind of talent I wish I had. Look at this. She writes beautifully about her relationship with God in a real way...aka not preachy or holier-than-thou. It's a gentle reminder to me to remember my beliefs. And her cat, Tobi, is awesome.
I think you should immediately follow and get to know these three ladies. They're real and genuine and basically the kind of people you should have in your life.

6 comments:

  1. You are TOO TOO TOO Kind.
    Thank you very much for this.
    So glad I have found you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check out these blogs for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::hugs::
    Psshhh i'm so blessed to have met you through blogging, seriously! You are a breathe of fresh air and you always, without fail, speak the truth!
    <3
    Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Ech…here it is 11PM and I am just seeing this. You girls have seriously made my day. I'm so glad my post caught you at the right time and I am even more glad that we have "met". You are one of the girls that has made blogging such an amazing experience. I know some day soon you will have to be the one posting funny stuff on your blog when your man is home and it is mine that is away sending me one word e-mails about random things like needing pants. lol. You are so amazing and so strong and I am inspired every day by how positive you stay in spite of facing such a tough thing…Will is a luck man my friend as is he.

    ReplyDelete