Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Great Day

Yesterday I finally woke up at a decent time....well...a little early (6ish), but still daylight hours! Since I woke up too early, I spent the morning texting my dad and watching Archer.

texting Dad

The forecast said thunderstorms and rain for the afternoon so I ran out to get things done before the bad weather hit. I had cleaned out the fridge last night so I had to take out the trash. Normally I walk it across the street but this time I got a parking spot right next to our gate so I just tossed the bags in the backseat and drove it to the bins down the street on my way out of town.



I got my summer pool pass today at Outdoor Rec! I was the first person to get an individual pass. The pool officially opens later this week. I need to look up the schedule so I can figure out when I can swim laps. I don't think I've done laps since college...and that was a one time thing.

After I left base, I didn't feel like going home yet. The weather was just too nice. So I drove down to Pordenone to our favorite grocery store for some fresh salmon. On the way there I passed a fruit truck with signs for fragola (strawberries) and made a mental note to stop on my way home. But when I passed by again there were cars lined up so I couldn't park. Oh well, next time. I took the long way home so I could enjoy the weather just a bit longer.



I wanted to take a drive out farther to Spilimbergo, but the clouds over the mountains were looking ominous and I had to get the salmon home.


When I got home, I realized that the plants along the wall were in full bloom! So pretty! Our landlords planted it last year and I was seriously thought it was just a vine.





The storm came later than predicted. Until we got here I wasn't a huge fan of thunderstorms. They scared me and I hated when they came on when I was home alone. But they happen here all the time. ALL. THE. TIME. So I've gotten used to them and even enjoy them sometimes as long as I'm safe in the comfort of my home. This time I hung out in my second floor window for awhile to watch the rain and lightning. Weirdly enough the thing that normally has me on edge had a calming effect on me this time around.


9 comments:

  1. We had a thunderstorm yesterday too! I love night thunderstorms, so that I can fall asleep to the sound of them. But those white flowers are so pretty! When the flowers started coming out here, I was super excited because after that long winter, flowers were definitely needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely sounds like a good day! :) I hope you get those strawberries at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the middle of a thunderstorm right now.
    And shoot i'd be lined up for some awesome fresh strawberries myself!
    yummmmmm
    And swimming laps i'm SO jealous. I'm hoping to do that this summer because shoot girl it would be awe-some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are gorgeous.

    My friend Bree at breeannahope.com just went to Italy to stay with her husband for a month. You should send her a comment in the blog world since you're both stationed at the same place!

    I love thunderstorms, they had awesome ones in Florida. That's one thing about WA, barely any thunderstorms here. I think I've heard thunder twice during all the time I've spent up here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^ Hi!!!!!! I got your comment and was like wait.... you live in ITALY!? I just got here, I'll only be here a month but we should meet up! If thats not weird! We could get coffee or gelato or something fun! I don't drive since, I'm technically not allowed but I do have a bicycle! There is a little gelato shop in Aviano near the square if you'd ever like to meet up one (clear sunny) day... if those ever happen around here!
    Actually, today we lucked out! Its been pretty sunny!

    Yesterday, we did the same thing, it looked nice and clear so we decided to hike around the 'Chrome Dome' church and as soon as we got to the stopping point at the top of the mountain it started to rain, so we booked it back to the car! Luckily not getting my camera wet, but some higher power!
    You can email me if you want or FB message me!
    Its breeanna kidwell and my email is breeannahope@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the flowers growing on those vines on the wall! I want some of those going up my house! What kind of plant/flowers are they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicole, I'm not sure. I'll ask Albino next time he comes by. I might try to steal it when we PCS, they're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete