Wednesday, May 29, 2013

To Each His/Her Own

I have been holding onto this for a little while to make sure I wanted to post this. But I still feel very strongly about it. So I decided to post.



A lot of thoughts, prayers, hopes, good karma, positive thoughts, etc are going out to the people affected by the victims of the tornadoes and storms in the Midwest. Mine included.

My friend posted a simple thoughtful Tweet and got a ridiculous response. This makes me FURIOUS! My friend is an amazing person and is taking the high road so I took out all names and pictures involved.


Like I said, my friend is taking the high road. If he gave me the go ahead, I'd be blasting this insensitive jerk's name all over Twitter, my blog, Facebook...every possible place I could.

What's wrong with hope? Everyone needs hope.

I myself believe in God and prayer. But I don't believe in shoving it down everyone's throats. If you want to pray. Great! If you want to hope or send good karma or even a thumbs up. Awesome! I'm not going to disparage your thoughtfulness in reaching out. If you don't agree, keep it to yourself because you're giving religious people a bad name.

11 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite a response. Definitely uncalled for. I don't believe that we are always supposed to keep silent. If we have a relationship with someone and we see them on some kind of self-destructive or others-destructive path of sinful behavior, it's certainly appropriate to take them aside and talk to them, point out the truth to them.
    But there is no possible way in which it would be appropriate to call someone out for saying "Hope" on twitter. Hope is not a bad thing anyways.It's right up there with faith and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people just don't know how to be encouraging or thankful.
    Hope & prayer...they are hand in hand...man some people are just stinking jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a rude individual!!! I agree about not shoving religion down peoples throat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second everything you've said'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! Some people. Can't that person just follow the whole "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think you can have hope without faith. And you don't have faith without prayer. That was a DUMB comment! I just don't understand why people feel the need to be rude, call someone out, WHATEVER! They just need to STOP if they aren't being nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.... seriously? Someone actually responded with that? I'm with you 100% on believing in prayer but not always using that terminology. Wow... so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really? Wow! I can't believe someone did that. Oh, wait. Yes I can. Some people just have to have something to complain about sometimes. Crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that real life..? So crazy! It's true what Kristen said about people just feeling like the need to find something to complain about.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a RUDE comment! People like that drive me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is insanely rude. Your friend is an amazing person for not responding to it in a negative manner.

    ReplyDelete