Thursday, June 13, 2013

Celebration Care Package

One of the A1C's (Airman First Class) that deployed with Will got a SrA (Senior Airman, the next rank up) BTZ (Below the Zone) Promotion! Basically that means he got selected to put on his next stripe early. As soon as I found out I knew I wanted to send a congratulations. I met him at the terminal when I saw Will off and I talked to him once over Skype when he came to get Will for their workout.

So what do you get for a guy you don't know? Food! I got Pop Tarts, chocolate cookies (store bought, normally I'd bake them myself but I want to get the box out ASAP), beef jerky, Mio energy drinks, Crystal Light margarita drink mix, tuna and cracker packets, and Chef Boyardi microwave bowls.

My original idea was to put it all in a big box and fill in the extra space with balloons. But the package of assorted colors weren't so assorted.

Assorted Baloons

See an imbalance? 6 light blues and 1-3 of the rest of the colors. I also realized that I didn't buy as much food as I thought I did. There was way too much empty space. It was sad. If I had more time, I would make another trip to the store and fill the box more. But I want to get it in the mail today so I had to change the game plan.

Womp womp, too depressing. I couldn't send this.

I found a smaller box and I packed it to the brim. It had just enough room for everything with no space to spare. I'm bummed I wasn't able to use the balloons this time, but I have another idea for a future box for Will.

Congrats to the soon-to-be Senior Airman!

7 comments:

  1. i love your box ideas! :)
    And that is SO SWEET of you to send one to him as well!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love this! Even though deployment sucked, I loved putting together care packages. Cake in a jar was always a hit for Kyle and his soldiers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to him! And so sweet of you to send him a fun package! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahw too bad the balloons didn't work out- that would have been cute! But can't wait to see what you send Will! (I'm not very crafty so when I see others that have imagination, Im jealous lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet of you to send him a package and you don't even "know him" tell well. So nice!

    ReplyDelete