Monday, July 15, 2013

Back in Europe

I made it back to Italy safe and sound! The flights themselves were actually relatively painless because I had open seats next to me. For the big flight over the Atlantic, I was in a cluster of two seats so I was able to sprawl out and enjoy my space. The second flight was a shorter one and I had to share a cluster of three with another passenger, but still...I was able to stretch out more than usual.

open seat on flight

Oddly enough, my flight out of Portland was delayed an hour but yet we still got to Amsterdam about 15 minutes early. The flight coming in was an hour late and it was the only flight going to Europe that day so they made a bajilliion announcements updating us on the situation. But even if we had arrived an hour late, they said no one would miss their connections. So even though I hate Delta for charging me extra to sit in an aisle seat (these extra fees are getting way out of control), I have to praise their pilots for superior flying skills.

PDX Portland Airport
Waiting on our flight out of Portland
saying goodbye to Portland
Goodbye, Portland! I'll see you again soon!
When I got home, I did a quick check of the house and everything seems to be just fine. I had trouble maneuvering the car into the carport, so I asked my friend to pull it out for me. But it's dead. I didn't think to have anyone start it while I was gone. The square was full of cars so we couldn't get another car in to jump mine. Hopefully today I'll have good luck and it'll be clear so I can get my car started.

I still have a lot of posts to catch up on from my visit home. I seriously did so much in such a short amount of time. I'm excited to show you what else I did!

4 comments:

  1. That's great you made it!! How long is your total transit time for a route like that? And I detest extra airplane fees. Aren't I already paying you enough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it back safely!!!
    boooo to your car dying! that blows.
    BUT YAYYYY for extra seats! They really cram you into an airplane!
    I didn't realize that they charge for seats now?! that is insane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it back home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I hope you had a great visit home.

    ReplyDelete