Friday, July 26, 2013

California Redwoods

After we left Ashland, we drove into California for the first time. Normally when I go to Cali I fly down to the south parts. Obviously I made Mama pull over to take a picture for me.

California border

The goal for our California trip was to visit Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park near Crescent City. We drove on a teeny road through the forest for our first look at the huge trees. I'm only 5 feet tall so I normally feel small. But these trees made me feel like a little fairy. Unfortunately the huge slugs and all the crawlies ruined the illusion, but it was still really fun to look up and pretend.

Redwood Forest
Redwood Forest
Redwood Forest
Redwood Forest

4 comments:

  1. W.O.W!
    That is beautiful...and those trees are freaking HUGE!
    I would love to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go. I'm also sad I haven't been better at keeping up and seeing you were recently in Portland. I hope you had a great time. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh!! That is something I want to do too! So happy you're posting all your PNW adventures, I'm falling in love with this place all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you guys were hitting up all the natural wonders in that part of the world!

    ReplyDelete