Friday, July 5, 2013

Voodoo Doughnuts

I moved to Portland when I was 10 and I never tried Voodoo Doughnuts. My friends always give me weird looks and "Really!?"'s whenever they find out...especially people who don't live in Portland and make special trips to Voodoo when they come to town.

They had a huge amount of crazy doughnuts, but I went with two classics Portland Cream and Bacon Maple Bar. I'm not a huge doughnut person, so I wasn't overly impressed, but it was still delicious. We went to the shop in NE Portland to avoid the crazy lines/trying to navigate driving downtown. We walked in and the place was empty. I was able to take my time and figure out what I wanted without feeling pressured. As soon as we sat down, there was suddenly a line out the door. So I guess try to get there around 10ish because we had good luck then. But the line still wasn't as bad as the downtown location.



Voodoo Doughnut Too
1501 NE Davis St
Portland, OR 97232

5 comments:

  1. A donut with bacon on it seems pretty extreme to me! I'm really not a donut person either. I'll eat the homemade kind that are more crunchy on the outside, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try this place, maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to their other Portland location. We waited in line for over an hour! They were definitely interesting, but not so sure they were worth the hour wait...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've seen this one on a Food Network show. Those looks sooo good. I have a major weakness for donuts!

    ReplyDelete