Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wedding

The main reason I came home when I did was to be there to watch one of my closest friends get married. (See her surprise bachelorette party) I've missed a lot of weddings over the years, but I knew I wasn't going to miss this one.

I wasn't sure what to wear and I figured I'd buy something when I got to the US. Of course when I don't need a pretty dress, I find them everywhere. But when I desperately looked for something decent to wear, I couldn't find anything! Luckily my friends helped me shop after our lunch date a few days prior. This is what I ended up with:

wedding dress

No surprise, my AK made a gorgeous bride. Her hair was down by this point since she did a dance with her crew for the first time in years. It was a surprise for her husband and she looked amazing doing it. I wish I got a video of it. They're all so talented! (Watch LDT open for ABDC)

JAK wedding

Since Tracy had maid of honor duties and Will couldn't be there, her fiance and I were surrogate wedding dates. It worked out perfectly and I got a chance to get to know one of my best friend's future husband better. Verdict: The more I get to know him, the happier I am that he's with Tracy.

JAK wedding

It took forever to get all four of us together, but we eventually got a picture of us at the photo booth. Obviously we didn't plan out our poses (look at the second picture) and I couldn't reach Brit's stomach for the baby picture (my arm was pinned down), but we made it work. I love these ladies and I'm so glad I got to be there to witness AK's big day.

JAK wedding

8 comments:

  1. Your hair looks amazing :) I hated missing my cousin's wedding this spring--glad you got to make it home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous!!! I love your whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! I haven't been to a wedding in years! I like the "surrogate date"--that's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun girl! You are absolutely gorgeous and that dress is a WINNER. I love dresses like that because it seems like it can be dressed up or down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous love the dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, it looks/sounds like y'all had a truly wonderful time! :)
    You looked gorgeous, the bride looked gorgeous, all of y'all did!
    And yay for surrogate wedding dates lol.

    ReplyDelete