Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Weekend in Seattle

I had a day to rest between my road trip and a last minute trip up to Seattle. I had bounced back and forth on the idea of driving up to see my cousin and my friends up there. I made half-baked plans to go up, but after coming home exhausted from our Mama-Daughter road trip I decided not to go.

But I couldn't NOT go. Tracy is one of my best friends and Cody was one of my closest relatives growing up. So I got a discount through USAA on a car rental and drove up. In hindsight, I'm glad I made the trip up. I would have regretted it if I didn't.

West Seattle
Tracy and Me
happy couple
The next ones down the aisle!
Seattle water taxi
View of West Seattle from the water taxi

Seattle skyline
View of downtown Seattle from the water taxi
CenturyLink Field
CenturyLink Field! Go Hawks!
gum wall
Ew! Gum wall!
Seattle Great Wheel
Relaxing in the sun near the Seattle Great Wheel

Found Love. Now What?

16 comments:

  1. Man, I think you vacation like I do: rest is rarely involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love Seattle! I haven't been there in YEARS but your photos make me want to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that gum wall made me laugh--so great! I'm glad you decided to go to Seattle. It's something you will remember, especially after the travel exhaustion has become a thing of distant memory :) Stopping by from Travel Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely glad I went through with it. I was exhausted, but it was worth it. That gum wall was so gross! But I had to see it for the sake of seeing it.

      Delete
  4. I have never been to seattle but it looks like such a blast!! that gum wall is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seattle is on my list of places to go. Kyle loved it there when he went to school in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pictures! But seriously... the gum wall. Eww! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures look sooo nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All taken with my iphone. It's kind of crazy how nicely they came out.

      Delete
  8. I used to dream of living in Seattle. It seems like such a lovely place to live from all the stories and pictures I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! It's a bigger city without the big city feel. I highly recommend a visit.

      Delete
  9. Seattle is definitely somewhere I would live. And that other Travel Tuesday button is so cute!! I have blog envy lol. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, stopping by from the link-up :) A gum-wall?!? I find that fascinating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh the gum wall. ...ive heard about it. Cool...and gross. ;) Thank you for linking up with Belinda and I for Travel Tuesday! I hope you link up again next week.

    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete