Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lake Bled

The last time I was at Lake Bled was in the fall during the off season so it was a completely new experience to visit in the summer during tourist season.

It was ridiculously hot so we spent a majority of our time lying next to the lake, running in for a dip to cool off every once in a while. We found a closed off swimming area under the castle. So perfect!

Lake Bled
Lake Bled
You can kind of see the castle peeking out above us.

After we got a nap in and had enough of the sun, we had a little snack before heading home. If you ever visit Lake Bled, you have to try their famous kremšnita. It's a delicious cream cake that was created there in Bled. I promise you won't regret it.
Lake Bled

7 comments:

  1. Wow, in that last picture you can really see the view! Sounds like a fun little adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful view!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! What a perfect excursion. And cream cake? Yeah...sounds terrible.... Just terrible.... (I MIGHT be drooling. A bit.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cream cake is awful! You should just give me yours and I'll get rid of it for you. Haha! They call it a cake, but it's more of a cake shaped pastry. It's hard to explain. I want to go back at the end of September so I'll take a picture of it so you can see what I'm trying to describe.

      Delete
  4. I am in desperate need of water haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so beautiful! and i love the layout beds...wood slats? The cake sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. INSANE view in that last phot!

    ReplyDelete