Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ljubljana Tour

As I was waiting for Anna's train to get in, look what I spotted:

bike thief

I'm sure he was sawing his own bike lock off because he lost his key...but I like to think he was a ballsy bike thief blatantly stealing a bike in broad daylight.

Anyway, so did you know most major European cities have a free tour? I had no idea! Anna and I were all over that. I highly recommend it! It was a two and a half hour walking tour and I felt thoroughly educated. I learned a lot of about Ljubljana and Slovenia in general from the tour. After the tour, we walked around and explored on our own. Every night we had some wine and dinner along the river. It was so pretty and a little romantic. We kept joking that we had to get our romantic time in before we could lock our love on the bridge.

Ljubljana Free Tour
PreŇ°eren Square
Ljubljana Free Tour
View from the Butchers' Bridge
Ljubljana Free Tour
Ljubljana Free Tour
The Dragon Bridge, legend has it if a virgin walks across the bridge the dragons' tails will wag.
Ljubljana Free Tour
Open air food market. Chefs from local restaurants come out every week to show off their food. No local food though, they want to show off their range outside of Slovenian food.
Ljubljana Free Tour
Ljubljana Cathedral or Cathedral of Saint Nicholas
Ljubljana Free Tour
Inside Ljubljana Cathedral or Cathedral of Saint Nicholas
Ljubljana Free Tour
Shoes on a line...no one really knows why.
Ljubljana Free Tour
Ljubljana Free Tour
Our big tour group

Ljubljana Free Tour

The Little Mermaid
Max from The Little Mermaid!!!
puppet show
Pretty music, creepy puppet thing.
wine in Ljubljana
Perfect night of wine and conversation with this pretty lady.

8 comments:

  1. Haha the shoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many interesting little things... like the dragon and the shoes... love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you would prefer to think that he was stealing the bike in broad daylight. As a criminal though, it would kind of make sense...people won't assume you're doing something bad if you're doing it openly. And that's quite the artistic city!!
    There are so many shoes!! When I lived with my grandparents, there were a handful of pairs of shoes on the power line but I just thought that was because it was the ghetto...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How BEAUTIFUL!! What an amazing day, and free? Even better! I love the idea of touring where you live, or areas close by (of course if I were in Europe? The tours would be a million times better!) I can only imagine how much I could learn about where I live. That would help me fall in love with "home"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Natalie would have loved that dog that looked like Max!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that looks like such a blast! I love living vicariously through all your adventures:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard one time that if you are going to commit a crime it is best to do it in the middle of the day because people wouldn't think that you would actually be committing a crime in broad daylight haha

    ReplyDelete