Friday, August 23, 2013

Ljubljanski Grad

Anna and I were told to check out the castle at sunset if possible. So we did! We took the little tourist train to the top and just explored the castle on our own. It was huge and so much fun! The views were absolutely gorgeous.

Ljubljana
View from the train pickup
Ljubljana City Hall
city hall
view from Ljubljana Castle
view from the top

We had a delicious gourmet dinner in the courtyard. It was surprisingly inexpensive for what the meal was. We had bought tickets for the Movies Under the Stars show at our hostel. A theater is set up in the courtyard and a different movie is screened every night. I can't even explain how pretty it was with the castle all lit up at night. They show the movies in their original language so we got to watch Argo in English with Slovenian subtitles. Unfortunately the projector conked out 2/3rd of the way through the movie. It was my first time watching it so when I got back home to Italy I immediately downloaded it off iTunes so I could see the ending. Even with the technical difficulties, it was such an awesome experience.

Ljubljana Castle
entrance to the castle
Ljubljana Castle
Ljubljana Castle
Ljubljana Castle



Three excellent blogs I think are worth reading:
the random writings of Rachel Love and the Air Force Via Fontanelle

7 comments:

  1. Wow, how pretty! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally, I think I'm experienced enough with languages not to say dumb things like, "Is that even a real word?" But I have to admit that I stared at the title of your blog post in wonder that that word is actually pronounceable to people.

    That outdoors movie sounds cool, though sad that technical difficulties got in the way! And thanks for the mention!! :) I've visited "Via Fontanelle" a number of times but I've never heard of Love and the Air Force, I'll be going there next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to a castle so this is definitely on my bucket list. So absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, this place looks beautiful. New Bloglovin' follower from Tuesday Travel Blog hop--look forward to reading more about your travel adventures. Hope you'll check out our new travel blog as well.

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/9780329

    Jessica @ Independent Travel Cats

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! That view from the top is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an absolute blast! We had "movies on the lawn" at my college and they were always fun to go to. Argo is an incredible movie!

    ReplyDelete