Friday, August 9, 2013

Oregon Coast

I have major abandonment issues after our last day of camping. Yes, I'm being overly dramatic, but this is what I saw when I woke up:
camping

Mama woke up before me and packed up all of her things! Luckily she just wanted to get a jump on the day and was just outside cooking breakfast for us. But for two seconds I was completely freaked out.

After breakfast, Mama and I drove up the Oregon Coast on the last day of our road trip. We made lots of stops along the way and had a blast!

Arch Rock
Arch Rock
Gold Beach
boating
Mary D. Hume
Mary D Hume shipwreck
Battle Rock
Battle Rock
Battle Rock
Battle Rock
Washed Ashore
At the Washed Ashore site...they weren't open though
Washed Ashore
The Washed Ashore display in Bandon
Bandon
Bandon pier
Bob Creek Wayside
Bob Creek Wayside
Bob Creek Wayside
Devil's Punchbowl
Devil's Punchbowl
Devil's Punchbowl (thanks to Abby for the recommendation!)
Alsea Bay Bridge
Alsea Bay Bridge

Before we started the drive, we thought about driving all the way up the coast to Astoria. But once we were into it, we decided we just wanted to get home. We cut over at Lincoln City and made it home for a hot shower and a comfy bed.

6 comments:

  1. For some reason I can't see the pictures. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have freaked out waking up to an empty tent too! :) haha.
    Those are such beautiful beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little turtle on the beach!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have never been to Oregon, but those photos are beautiful, sounds like a great road trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oregon is my favorite! I'm definitely biased though.

      Delete