Friday, August 16, 2013

Recharged and Refreshed

This trip home really reminded me of all the amazing people I have in my life. I had a different friend or family member to hang out with every single day I was home. The people I didn't get a chance to spend quality time with completely understood that I was busy.

I have so many real and true friends back home and I guess I needed the reminder that they're still there. It's hard being isolated so far away from home. Trying to keep up long distance is near impossible...especially since everyone is grown up with grown up jobs and grown up lives. But it's so good to know that time and distance won't ruin my friendships.

I got to spend a lot of time with my family this time around and it was great! I place a high value on family so I was thrilled! I wish I had more time with them, but I'm grateful for the time we had.

I also love my in-laws. They have been so supportive throughout this deployment. At least once a month they check in with me and send me encouraging messages. Especially my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and grandmother-in-law. 

I feel like I'm incredibly blessed to have all these loving people in my life. My soul feels recharged and I feel much less lonely knowing they're in my life. It's a great feeling and I hope it lasts forever. I feel strong enough to conquer the rest of this deployment.

4 comments:

  1. It is such a blessing to have so many people that love you in your life! When I was going home, I wasn't exactly sure how it would be, because like you said, keeping up relationships over long distance is hard. But I was happy to find that when meeting up with old friends there was no awkwardness, you really are able to spend time together like in the "olden days"--and I found that I think I'm ever better friends with a few people now than I was a few years ago!

    Having in-laws who support you and make sure you know you're loved even when your husband is away is a huge blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great to hear! I wish I was better at fostering the friendships I had back home. I moved away so long ago, and I was so young, that I don't have that same feeling. This is a good reminder for me to remember to do this more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =)
    Im so glad to here this!
    You needed this time. I think you needed to spend extended time with family and have your heart restored and refilled with love, encouragement, and support! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So important to be reminded of how many love you every once and a while. I completely relate to all of this. So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete