Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Dalles

A very good friend of mine moved out to The Dalles after graduating from college for a great job at Google. I got to drive out to have dinner with him and hang out in his town for awhile.

I stopped off in Hood River to walk the water front park they're building. It's going to be gorgeous when it's done! It might be hard to see in the picture, but there were tons of kite boarders and windsurfers on the water. I honestly have no clue how they kept from tangling up with each other or crashing. Windsurfing looks like fun! Kite boarding...too scary. You know what totally shamed me? Every single person coming out of the water was middle aged. Every. Single. One. If a middle aged couple can be so active and athletic, so can I! I don't know how or when or where, but I'm determined to try out windsurfing someday.

Hood River

We went to Clock Tower Ales for dinner. Holy crap amazing food and delicious beer! It was a great way to catch up with an old friend. Afterward, we went up to Sorosis Park to see the view. I know it's too far out of the city for my liking, but wow it's gorgeous out there with the river right there and all the old historical buildings in town.

The Dalles

3 comments:

  1. I WANT to wind surf i think it would be so much fun!! :) :)
    And middle age peeps doing it = YES how cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete