Tuesday, September 24, 2013

He's Home!

I'm too excited to sleep.

First, I was too excited to sleep because I was excited to see my husband.

Now, I'm too excited to sleep because he's finally home!

I was so excited to see him at the airport, and it was all such a blur, that I forgot to have someone take a picture of us. I only remembered once we were in the car. Shoot. Military wife blogger fail.

The best way I can describe our homecoming is that it was like a scene from the movies. Everything around us blurred. Everyone disappeared. All the sounds were muted. It was just him and me for two minutes. I only felt two emotions: joy and relief. He's back!

He's tired, but happy to be home. Dirty shoes upstairs, stinky boy things EVERYWHERE, extra dishes, less food, no personal space, and a big huge bed that is suddenly feeling a lot smaller. And I'm happy for all of it!

Again, I have to thank both our families, our friends, and all the wonderful bloggers who helped me through this deployment. All your encouragement, sympathetic ears, love, prayers, and messages got me through every step of the way and I honestly would have broken down without you. You kept me strong and you kept me sane. Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Hurray hurray hurray!! Oh I'm so excited for you--have a lot of fun with that man of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaahh, YAY! I totally got chills reading this! I am so freakin' happy for you both! Enjoy this time adjusting to life together again (yay!) and post lots of pictures when you get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaaaaay!!!! :D So happy to hear he's back - and I'll certainly start appreciating stinky socks after reading this ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY! Oh my goodness I am SO SO SO SO SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I totally didn't get a picture of Carl and I either... glad to hear I'm not the only blogger fail hahaha.

    BUT ANYWAYS... YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So over the moon excited for you! Our last homecoming was much the same. Enjoy each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh yay!!! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah! So excited for you that he's home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! So happy for you! I can't imagine what relief and happiness you're feeling. Enjoy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! So happy for you :) Such a happy time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay yay yay! and hey who cares about the picture - HE IS HOME!

    ReplyDelete