Thursday, September 26, 2013

Mesothelioma Awareness Day

Today, September 26, is Mesothelioma Awareness Day. Please join me in spreading hope and be a voice for the victims.

Emily Walsh from the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance sent me this article: 8 Things You Should Know About Mesothelioma and asked me to help spread the word and raise awareness. I remember hearing a lot about the dangers of asbestos growing up, but did you know it's NOT banned in the US? It's also the number one cause of occupational cancer in the US. My mind almost exploded when I read these facts! What saddens me is that Navy veterans are most at risk (click here to read why, they explain it better than I can). I have a lot of family members who are veterans and it always gives my a heart a little stab to hear of anything might harm them. Until I received the email from Emily, I had never heard of mesothelioma. It's scary! Cancer is always scary.

I also watched this short video of Heather's story. It brought tears to my eyes to listen to her battle and to see what her family went through.


Please use your various social media profiles to raise awareness today. Visit their campaign page for more information on how to do your small part.

1 comment:

  1. Woah, I had no idea! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete