Wednesday, September 11, 2013

My 9-11

Today is a day of remembrance for Americans. But it has even more weight for my family and me. My grandpa passed away on September 11, 2000. He was a great man and a big part of my life. I needed a way to release some emotions so I wrote this open letter to him:

I bounce my knees just like you did and it drives my husband and friends crazy; but I don't care because it reminds me of you. I tried to drink Budweiser because you always did, but I didn't like it. How do you feel about Jack Daniels? It's still my lifelong dream to go to Japan because of what you told me. You didn't tell me specifically where to go, but I'll figure it out and it will be amazing. I think about you all the time and 14 years with you wasn't enough. I've had so many milestones since then and I wished you were there for every single one of them. I love you and I'll always miss you.




12 years ago our nation was attacked and thousands of Americans were killed in a vicious terrorist attack. One year ago, 4 Americans were killed in Benghazi. SHARE this image and pledge never to forget!

4 comments:

  1. I love that letter, it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot to remember on one day. Death is a very bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautifully written post.

    ReplyDelete