Friday, October 4, 2013

Expectations vs Reality

Before Will came home, all he wanted to talk about was all the traveling he wanted to do when he got back. I had a feeling it was what he needed to get through those last few weeks and it was something for him to look forward to. Sure enough, we still haven't done much of anything. I think he needed the last week and a half to just relax and do whatever he wanted (aka play video games and watch silly Vines). I don't mind because he's home and we're together. He doesn't mind because his NCAA 14 character is winning championship games and winning all the awards. (I made him make his character go to University of Oregon GO DUCKS!)

I got him hooked on Orange is the New Black. Does anyone know if the second season is coming out anytime soon? He just finished the last episode so we're sad about that.

movie night
Getting settled in to watch Orange is the New Black

I made special bridal party shirts for my best friend's wedding. I've been wearing my shirt around the house a lot. I thought I'd mess up and need extra shirts...but I didn't. So now I have all these extra eggplant/purple shirts to decorate. Since I had the materials anyway, I'm selling everything I make with the leftovers at a discount.

High Heels & Combat Boots
Click the image to go to my store.

While Will plays video games, I've been working on shirts for the purple sale. I've also been invited to join a group giveaway and auction at Combat Boots N Lace, so I've been putting together some shirts for that too. I got about 40 new followers on Facebook in a few hours just from partnering up with them. What!? So I should probably get back to those shirts. I also have to package those bridal party shirts for my friend and these shirts for my my sisters-in-law:

High Heels & Combat Boots

8 comments:

  1. It's crazy how things don't go quite as planned when they come home. We wanted to travel after Kyle came home but we never did haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet he needs time to just chill and be at home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love the shirts!
    and i'm sure he has DEFINITELY needed the time to just relax and hang out with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shirts! I keep hearing about Orange Is The New Black. I might have to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make your own shirts?! Those look amazing... how?! That's what I want to know. SO COOL GIRL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I think we all fall victim to planning for things and then ending up on the couch for hours/days/weeks. But you are right, it makes it all ok because it is better than the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you two are SO cute! I'm soooo glad you are together even if you've just been relaxing and bumming around home! You'll be running around with busy schedules and traveling before you know it!
    I've never even heard of Orange is the new Black. What am I missing out on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm planning to read Orange is the New Black for my reading challenge this autumn (book that has inspired a TV series). Glad to hear your liked the show! Hopefully that means good things for the book. :)

    ReplyDelete