Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Salsa Incident

I've mentioned in the "About Me" section that the way Will first got my attention was spilling salsa on my menu. Here's the story:

For Seester's 21st birthday she invited all of her friends out to dinner at her favorite Mexican restaurant. I didn't know it at the time, but Will had pushed one of the other guys out of the seat next to me. I had no idea. Not that he's subtle, I'm just that oblivious sometimes.

The waitress put the salsa in front of me for the people on my side of the table to share. Will and Seester's at-the-time boyfriend had gotten into an accident on the way so we didn't get to the restaurant until late. I want to say close to eight or so. That means everyone was starving. We were all shoveling salsa and chips into our mouths as fast as we could. Will got a huge scoop of salsa and it plopped right onto my menu.

He immediately started making really silly "Ooooooo! Look what you did!" accusations. "I'm going to tell the waitress!" He wasn't ready for my wit. We fought about who had to clean it up, getting sillier and sillier, until it escalated into my throwing my napkin down dramatically onto the table and telling him we were going to take this outside. It was ridiculous and we were both cracking up. When I wasn't looking, he snuck his napkin over and cleaned it up. (HA! I won!)

And that was the start of how Ech fell for Will.

Seester's 21st birthday dinner

7 comments:

  1. Ha, cute story. I'm glad he cleaned up the salsa in the end. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! The things guys will do when they like a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah that is adorable! :)
    the way you told the story it was obvious he was into you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO adorable and so true to the couple you continue to be today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that's such a cute story!

    ReplyDelete