Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Travel Tuesdays: Noventa Di Piave Outlet Mall

Travel Tuesdays

I used to link up with a couple bloggers for Travel Tuesdays, but they've seemed to have ended their series. I love reading about everyone's travel adventures and would like to host a link up. All I ask is that you link back to the current week's post if you do decide to link up. Either post a link or use the button above. You don't have to post on Tuesdays. That's just when I'll be posting and opening the week's link up.





Awhile back Will promised me a shopping trip to the outlet mall near Venice. I knew it was full of super expensive stores so I didn't have my heart set on buying anything in particular. But sometimes a girl just needs to be around or near pretty things, you know? We finally got the chance to make it out there.

Getting there was an ordeal. I found the mall's address on their site and put it into our GPS. The stupid thing directed us to the middle of freaking nowhere. It was a side road with a couple farms. I thought our GPS had screwed us, but we ran into an Italian couple who were also looking for the mall. We used our phones to try to figure out where we were supposed to go and Will found a different address so we headed there....which also ended up being a dead end. We were next to the autostrade (freeway) so I told Will to just follow it back to the on ramp at Noventa Di Piave and we could just go home. I was tired and hungry and pissed. I just wanted to go back to my house and crawl into bed and whine to myself.

Turns out, the mall was right next to the autostrade entrance. WHAT? If we had turned left instead of right we would have easily found it.

Noventa di Piave outlet mall
Noventa di Piave outlet mall
Normally I'd laugh at a sign like this, but most fountains in Italy are drinkable so it's a fair warning.
As I thought, most of the stores were too expensive for our budget. But we did get an amazing early lunch. I got a prosciutto sandwich and a cafĂ©. Will also got a prosciutto sandwich and a mini pizza. Everything was amazing and totally hit the spot. We were a lot happier after that.

Italian lunch
I swear you can't ever go wrong with a prosciutto sandwich
Italian lunch
As always Will doesn't order his own coffee, but will happily drink some of mine.

In the end, we bought an apple corer and a pair of sunglasses for me. Will came so close to buying me a Fendi tote or a Prada purse, but in the end we talked ourselves out of it. As much as I would have loved to carry one of those beauties around, it just wasn't worth it. Plus I couldn't let him spend that much money on just me. If we were going to spend that kind of money, I wanted it to be on something we could both enjoy.

Fossil sunglasses
New Fossil sunglasses!

5 comments:

  1. out of this entire post i'm stuck on this fact: YOU CAN DRINK OUT OF FOUNTAINS!?!?!?
    oh my gosh wouldn't birds poop in there?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of all your travels, it's one of my favorite things to do! Love all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about being around pretty things. Sometimes it is just therapy walking around a store and trying things on even if nothing is bought. I'm really guilty of buying and returning hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the fountain has jeans lol

    ReplyDelete