Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year Success!

Do you use slow cooker liners? I love them...when they work. 75% of the time it leaks and I end up having to scrub it out anyway. So frustrating. Anyway, I got some pork shoulder and made BBQ pulled pork in the slow cooker and whipped up some macaroni and cheese. I put out a couple different kind of rolls some hamburger buns to eat with the pulled pork...so good.

We weren't planning on a crazy night, but it kind of turned into one. At first we just had a few drinks/shots while we hung out. Of course a few turned into a few more. By midnight we were still doing well. Then we invited our landlord to come over for a drink. Turns out he was on babysitting duty and had sat at his house all night. So when he came over, he was playing catch up and was such an instigator. Needless to say, we were all hurting in the morning. But it was a really fun night full of great friends and lots of laughs.

New Years fireworks
Coolest thing about our house...fireworks in every direction.
Show #1 was from the west. This was show #2 from the north.

I figure we don't have a lot of nights like that in our future. We have to enjoy them while we can. ...not that I plan on drinking anytime soon. No way. I finally went into the party room today to clean up and it reeked of Jack Daniels. I power cleaned as fast as I could...I had to get out of there asap. Not a happy smell.

I hope 2014 is treating everyone well. I'm so grateful to have had amazing friends to usher in the year with us and a handsome man to make out with at midnight. 

5 comments:

  1. I totally miss being in Germany and seeing the random NYE firework displays. Here, it's just drunkards shooting firecrackers, so not too impressive. Glad yours turned out well! And by the way, you win the award for coolest landlord ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like y'all had a fun (and long!) night!
    and uh - the food you made, sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you!! And I don't think I've even ever seen slow cooker liners for sale...I just usually assign Angel to scrubbing it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those liners always leak for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an awesome night!

    ReplyDelete