Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Travel Tuesdays: Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II

Travel Tuesdays

Welcome to my Travel Tuesdays link up! I love reading about everyone's travel adventures. All I ask is that you link back to the current week's post (this week's link: http://bit.ly/1idmANO if you do decide to link up. Either post a link or use the button above. You don't have to post on Tuesdays. That's just when I'll be posting and opening the week's link up.




Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II

I've seen lots of gorgeous pictures of Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II on Pinterest and I was really looking forward to walking through the gorgeous stretch of designer shops. In my mind, it was a lot longer/bigger than it is in real life. But it was more beautiful in person than the photos.

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II

Since I was with a bunch of boys, I didn't go into any of the shops. Will actually offered to go with me into Gucci or Prada. But I didn't want the temptation. I have a Gucci and I love it. I thought my dad was crazy for buying me one when I was 18. I was never a girl who loved purses. But my dad has an amazing eye and chose the perfect purse for me. Ever since then, I've secretly wanted another. It's so much money and so frivolous that I can never justify buying one. Will doesn't say no to me very often and I didn't think I had the willpower to not ask him for a new purse if I found one that I loved. He even hinted that he could be persuaded to buy me something. But I did the responsible thing and kept a healthy distance between myself and the stores. I focused on the gorgeous architecture and the colorful mosaics on the floor.

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II

Before we moved on, everyone in the group took their turn spinning on the bull's balls for good luck. You're supposed to plant your heel in the divot and turn three times. I wasn't going to do it because I felt like I was going to be the idiot that fell while trying to spin around. But I was talked into it...and I really did almost fall! I had my Air Force 1's on and they had too much traction on the indent in the ground. It almost stopped me in my tracks as I started spinning. But I caught myself and I got through my turns unscathed. I guess those lucky bull balls worked their charm quickly.

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II

6 comments:

  1. Holy cow that place is gorgeous. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good night that glass ceiling is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it I'm coming to visit haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I wouldn't give to switch places with you and your husband. Literally switch. You two can come here and I will go there. Deal?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What astounding will-power not to tempt yourself! But the architecture and mosaics are really beautiful - how much effort people put into beautiful buildings in the past always surprises me!

    ReplyDelete