Monday, January 6, 2014

We're Old

Once upon a time, going out at midnight was no big deal. It was later than I usually went out...but midnight wasn't a reason not to go out. But now...now I'm old. Our friend got a gig at a place in Brugnera and we promised we'd show up. He said to show up around 11:30. I guess I wasn't paying attention to that part. On the day of, we had to take a nap. We overslept and didn't get up until midnight. Crap. If it were for a lesser friend, we would have gone back to sleep and apologized later. But we rallied, got all dolled up, and headed out.

dressed up
My handsome man in his new vest

As usual, I forgot to have someone take a picture of us together. I should have. The theme was "Dress to Impress". I was planning on wearing a dress until I realized how cold it was. I was bummed. I love a reason to wear a dress. Oh well, next time.

One of my favorite parts of the night was as we were leaving. Our friend put on a mix of the Cupid Shuffle and he got all the Italians to line up. Even the older guys and the guys who were posted up against the bar joined in. 


dressed up
dressed up
My "I can't believe I'm up this late" face

8 comments:

  1. haha, I didn't even make it till midnight on NYE itself this year, and usually I love NYE. But Angel was already sleeping since he had to work the next day...people are starting to say that they never expect to see us awake after 9:30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was very tired staying up until midnight! Ack. I'm also old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't want to stay awake until midnight but I was talked into it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow I'm impressed that you were able to get up from that nap and head out. I would have gone back to bed. That is way too late to go out. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What good friends you are! I'm not sure I'd wake up at midnight and head out, and then still dress to impress? Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so funny how going out at midnight seems so late now. You looked very nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. y'all are so dang cute!
    and I'm with you. I'm normally "in bed" by 1030pm haha it just isn't worth the late nights and the "I FEEL LIKE I NEED 1,000 NAPS" the next day haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't remember the last time I was up until midnight so props to you haha

    ReplyDelete