Thursday, February 27, 2014

Carnevale or Halloween?

In my mind, everyone was going to be wearing renaissance clothing or fancy dress at Carnevale. Yes, there were people dressed like that. But there were people in onesies...like pajama onesies. I saw an Easter bunny with a little lady bug. It was almost like Halloween with all the different costumes. Here are some of my favorite unexpected Carnevale outfits:
|
The cardinal and the nun...there were tons of pairs like this one on the bridge. We ran into several groups of slutty nuns throughout the day.

Carnevale in Venice

This Eeyore kid was my favorite. He was over it and just wanted to lie down. So he did. In the middle of Piazza San Marco. He gave no shits about anyone around him and refused to budge when his parents tried to get him to move. I almost stepped on him, and I wasn't the only one to do a little hop dance to avoid him. Eventually his brother sat next to him. Maybe to give him a pep talk. Maybe to join him in taking a break.

Carnevale in Venice

These Three Musketeers were running around all crazy, but they were surprisingly patient when posing for pictures.

Carnevale in Venice

I was literally ducking between legs to get a picture of his Eskimo ice fishing in the middle of the piazza. She noticed me and posed for me when the crowds parted. Everyone loved her! Even a beautifully dressed masked woman being stalked by dozens of photographers stopped to get a shot with the fisherwoman.

Carnevale in Venice

These angels were so stinking cute! They were dancing around and throwing confetti up in the air.
Carnevale in Venice

I told Rachel that The Bear would fit in just fine here!

5 comments:

  1. hahaha, and you were right! Wow, there definitely was quite a variety of costumes! Eeyore, even! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's quite some variety! I love dress-up things, and getting to see every body's costumes... there was a big games-con last year in Cologne and I'm so glad Malcolm was with me and could explain who the characters were ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. It's like an alternate universe of play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha the eeyore kid is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This looks like one heck of a celebration!

    ReplyDelete