Friday, February 28, 2014

Favorites from Carnevale

Yesterday I showed you the unexpected costumes from Carnivale. Today I give you the expected. From minimalist to extravagant to renaissance. I would have happily worn any of the pretty outfits. I think I like the full face masks the best. I love the mystery. I like the idea of the huge fluffy dresses, but I can't imagine trying to maneuver the crowded streets in those.


Carnevale in Venice
Carnevale in Venice
Carnevale in Venice
Carnevale in Venice
Carnevale in Venice
Carnevale in Venice

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! Now that's more my style. I've always loved the super extravagant and pretty type of costumes. Man, I wonder how much those cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I guess the advantage of the big poofy dresses is that the wearer gets a little more breathing room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful! I taught a unit on the Cask of Amontillado, so I did a background lesson on Carnevale, and I was amazed that hardly any of the Freshman knew what that was. It made me so sad! I brought in masks that I bought when I was in Venice, and even the boys that made fun of it thought that they were pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The costumes are remarkable and so detailed! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I mean, it is honestly incredible what people can do. Love all the attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, wow!! I would love to see this!

    ReplyDelete