I met with my doctor yesterday to see how my cervix is healing and to talk about the pathology report from the tissue taken. When I say the news is "meh"...it's really the best way I can explain it.
The dysplasia (abnormal) was present in the deeper tissue of the chunks taken out. That's not good news.
But it isn't cancer. Whew. I know the chances were slim that it would be, but I kind of felt like I was holding my breath until I heard the results.
So basically I'm kind of in the same place that I was before. Wait and see.
If we had our kids and were done, I'd go in for another cut. But since the procedure would shorten (and weaken) that part of the cervix even more, I decided to wait. We'll reassess in a year with a Pap smear between now and then.
Thank you for all your kind words, support, and prayers. You don't even know how much it means to me!