Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Travel Tuesdays: Portugal

Travel Tuesdays

Welcome to my Travel Tuesdays link up! Please link up with me, I love reading about everyone's travel adventures. All I ask is that you link back to the current week's post (this week's link: http://bit.ly/LHQ0bn if you do decide to link up. Either post a link or use the button above. You don't have to post on Tuesdays. That's just when I'll be posting and opening the week's link up.




I got Will to talk a little about Portugal and his experiences and I got pictures out him too! This is the first time he's actively trying to document and talk about his travels without me, so I'm really excited!

Portugal
The town square and castle

The first thing he told me was that he wanted to visit the castle. He snapped the above picture while walking around town and has been trying recruit exploration buddies to go with him. It's been tough finding the time because of his busy work schedule, but he wants to make sure to visit before he leaves. He'll definitely be sending more pictures when he gets over there.

Portugal
A river running through the town he was exploring.

In his words: "It seems really cool here so far. It's a beautiful place and the people seem pretty nice. The weather hasn't been very good though...really rainy and windy." He hasn't tried any Portuguese food yet, but it's his mission to try some and he'll report back. However, he tried sangria for the first time and it's something he'd enjoy drinking again.

FYI, the Air Force has publicized the TDY on both the Aviano AB website and on Facebook and Instagram.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place! My brother loved it when he visited there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I backpacked through Europe a few years ago and I sooo wish I could have gone to Portugal. Maybe next time.
    And what a fun idea for a link up.
    Oh, and I am a new follower on blog lovin! :)

    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never made it to Portugal, and I could kick myself! I know there was only so much traveling I could do, but it looks so beautiful. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course he ought to visit the castle! I'm always intrigued by castles--there are far too few of them in the US. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sangria is great! If you like fish, you should get bacalhau - it's cod, usually served with potatoes. Very Portuguese and very delicious! (My fiance is Portuguese.)

    ReplyDelete