Monday, March 31, 2014

Magic Show at Aviano Air Base

I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm a sucker for magic tricks. Growing up, a birthday party was automatically 100 times better if there was a magician there. My cousin got into it for awhile and tried to teach me, but I'd rather be wow-ed than be the wow-er. Plus I wasn't very good at it.

A couple weeks ago a friend of mine texted a group of us and asked if we wanted to join her for the magic show on base. It's been a good minute since I've seen a magic show so I was definitely in. We were some of the few adults there without kids, but that's okay. We're kids at heart.

It was such a fun show! I was thoroughly entertained and wow-ed. In addition to his incredible illusions, Rob Lake had perfect comedic timing and was a bit a flirt. He was also great with the kids and they all seemed to love him. There were quite a few opportunities for audience participation during the show. I didn't get picked to go on stage, but I did get to call out a suggestion for one of his tricks. He asked for a location for a dream date and I chose Hawaii. I normally wouldn't consider Hawaii a dream date spot since it's just plain old home to me...but Will orchestrated a romantic proposal there so now it's a special date spot to me.

He did a meet and greet after the show and stayed until every single person got an autograph and a picture. We would know, my friends and I were the last ones there. We figured the kids should all get to talk to him first so we waited patiently and it just worked out that we were the only ones still there by the time it was our turn.

Magician Rob Lake
My friends and I with Rob Lake

I'm so glad my friend invited me. Well worth the effort of putting on jeans and makeup.

Rob Lake:
Site | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube

8 comments:

  1. How fun! Magic shows are such a fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fun. I really like magic shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love magic tricks, but get really annoyed when I can't figure them out ;) It's been ages since I've seen a magic show! Watching 'Magics biggest secrets finally revealed' really impressed me, though the magician and voice-over were soooo annoying!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always! He's kind of a really big deal, I can't believe we got to see him perform for free.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never watched it, I'll have to check it out. I like the 'magic' of it all, but it's fun to see how they do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh very fun!! Magic shows are always good fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I'm a big fan of magic shows too, even if they are aimed more at kids--maybe I'm easily impressed, We went to one on our honeymoon and Angel got pulled up on stage to be part of a trick, that was extra hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm easily impressed and easily amused so kids show, adult show...it's all fun for me. I bet Angel was amazing! He seems like the perfect pick for audience participation.

    ReplyDelete