Friday, March 21, 2014

No Longer Down in the Dumps

My husband was very quickly and very unexpectedly sent off by the military. Logically, I know that this can happen and that I should be prepared for the possibility...but wow this one really knocked the air out of me. I think it was because I was so happy to get him back after the Portugal TDY. And then BAM he's gone again. According to the news reports, NATO had training missions planned for later in the year, but Poland requested to move it up to now. The base has been posting pictures on Facebook along with details of the training. They really get excited about joint training missions and international relations. I love it because I get to see my husband's squadron in action. They even made a video! I heard it's all over AFN...can any oversea people confirm? We don't have our dish set up so I can't check myself. But of course Will actively avoids the photographers so I haven't seen any pictures of him yet.


As always, it's blogging that keeps me sane. This time it wasn't writing mine, it was reading yours. All week I've been catching up on your blogs. Reading about your kids, travels, and daily lives has helped bring me back to a normal mental space. I was so negative and caught up in my pity party over being alone again, but it's hard to maintain that way of thinking when the bloggers I follow are so positive and upbeat. Thank you to all of you. You don't know how important you and your blogs are to me.

Even though he left with little notice, we were able to get a whole day to spend with each other before he left. It was after he had packed and we had all our errands done. We just lounged around, watched movies, and talked. Basically my idea of a perfect way to spend quality time with my husband.

Ech & Will
I snuck this while we were watching Brooklyn Nine Nine...hilarious show!

12 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm glad blogging is something that can cheer you up when the husband has to be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo! Sorry to hear he was sent off so soon and unexpectedly.. Hope you have a kickass weekend to cheer you up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry he's gone.

    And yes, Brooklyn Nine Nine is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it's a bummer...but I guess that's more experience for him and that's always a good thing. Thank you, I hope you have kickass weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too. It still amazes me how many meaningful friendships I've developed through blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a sweet photo at the end! And I'm so glad that some blog-reading could brighten your day... such a pity he suddenly had to leave! The video looks really cool, and you get to say 'that's my man in there!' while pointing to a plane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I am sooooo sorry! It would kill me to find out that Eric would have to leave for an extended period of time with practically no notice. You are so strong, my friend! I hope he's not gone for too long?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man, that sucks! Blogging really is a sanity savior - and I love that picture of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea how much I'd get out of blogging when I started. It's been so much fun. And thank you! It's one of my favorite pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope so too. In the meantime, I'm grateful for blogs like yours that always put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah his job is pretty awesome, even if he doesn't think so. I'm so proud of him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I first saw the previews for the show before it started, I thought it was going to be too over the top for my taste. But nope, it's so much fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete