Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What's Your Favorite Way to Treat Yo' Self?

#20sbprompt

Whenever Will leaves (either on a TDY or deployment) I do whatever I can to make myself happy to pick myself up again. It takes me about two weeks to fully adjust to his absence. During that time I treat myself a lot.
(If you're don't know what "Treat Yo Self" is...watch this super short video explaining:) 

So to answer the question:

Sometimes I do something simple. Like drink an extra Coke or get myself a white mocha. It's a treat since I try to limit my caffeine and soda intake).

Other times, I go shopping...mostly online since the euro to dollar exchange isn't so great. I'm addicted to Zulily and Etsy. This time I bought this scarf (http://etsy.me/1rKnqr8). Or I'll buy a salmon filet and make one of my favorites: teriyaki salmon with white rice. (I've been craving it lately, I need to make a trip to the store.)

And every once in a while I go on a trip. That's harder to do since I don't travel solo, but when I can find a buddy I'll go to the beach or explore a new country.

The one time my husband deployed, I went home. It's something I plan on doing anytime he deploys. Nothing makes me feel better or happier than being at home with my family and friends.

I guess the short answer is food, clothes, and travel. How do you treat yo' self?

8 comments:

  1. I think these are great strategies to get you cheered back up when he's gone! Pretty much the only time Angel and I are apart I'm with my family, so they are a good consolation prize...back when we were first married Angel went away for a week and my uncle and aunt purposely invited me over for dinner with their family a couple times so that I wouldn't be lonely, I thought that was sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat popcorn for dinner!! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine's more stuff I do at home. I binge watch my girly shows on Netflix, I eat the most random things for dinner, just because it sounds good, and I am generally a lazy person on the weekends. I sleep in, stay in my jammies unless I have to go somewhere, and spoil the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat a lot of curry. My husband hates the smell...and tolerates the taste. Unfortunately for him, I love the stuff. I do try to limit how often I make it when he's around though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, family is the best consolation prize. If I could afford it, I'd always visit family when Will leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been known to do that every once in awhile too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's pretty much how I spend my time at home when the mister is gone...minus the dogs. I'll have to get on that so we can be separation twinsies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephanie WhitenerFriday, May 09, 2014

    I am totally a crafter and TV binger. Sometimes I will go shopping, but mostly I stick to a night in with the pups.

    ReplyDelete