Friday, May 2, 2014

May Day

Our landlord invited us over to his house for a May Day party. Will was doing some mandatory fun at work so I went over by myself. Since our landlord picked me up, I was the first to arrive and I was put to work. First, I slaved over the bread. I mean, I really worked hard to make sure they came out well. (aka..I sliced them and put them in a bowl)

pane

While I helped set out the appetizers we (my landlord, his wife, his father-in-law, and I) sipped on Prosecco mixed with ginger soda. I'm not a huge fan of ginger drinks, but this one isn't too bad. I switched to beer after a couple cups because I don't like to drink too many sweet(ish) drinks in a row.

Procecco
prepping the dessert

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I fell while going down the stairs in our house last week. I'm not really sure what the heck happened, but my left thigh, ribs, and temple caught my fall. Anyway, I've been pretty gun shy about taking the stairs so I was nervous when I was asked to carry two platters of cheese and meat down from the kitchen. I was praying silently to myself with every stair that I wouldn't fall and drop everything. Luckily we all made it down safely!

speck

At this point everyone else started showing up so I stopped taking pictures and stuffed my face. We had seafood risotto for a first course, pork shoulder with roasted potatoes as a main course, and strudel with gelato for dessert. Between all the food and beer, I caught a major case of the Itis. I drank a caffè (espresso) and it woke me right up. I'm starting to really love the stuff, I try not to drink it other than at their house so I don't get hooked.

caffè

Right after everyone left, Will showed up. He made the mistake of saying he was hungry so they stuffed him full of lots of food and lots of drinks. I practically had to roll him home.

How was your May Day? (Or Lei Day if you're in Hawaii) Can you believe it's May already? Crazy!

6 comments:

  1. Wow--you guys definitely never go hungry at their house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun. I'm sorry you fell down the stairs. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was! I love going over there and spending time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah the stairs thing sucked, but it's funny now that my injuries have healed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, I always leave there stuffed. Even the time I just stopped by to see their dog...somehow I ended up drinking several glasses of wine and eating a huge steak dinner.

    ReplyDelete