Monday, June 16, 2014

Oregon Road Trip: Leaf Fossil Trail

This was our final stop at the Painted Hills. I think there were more trails, but we were losing light and I was sick so I didn't have the energy for anymore. It really amazed me that the scenery on this trail (again) changed. The fenced off area housed fossils and fossil fragments. (I think) I saw more fossils here than I did at Clarno.

Painted Hills
Painted Hills
Painted Hills

And we saw more painted hills in the distance. These were more of a golden/green/brown color. They looked really pretty in the sunlight. The clouds were starting to roll in, so I'm glad we got a little sun spots here and there in our view.

Painted Hills
Painted Hills
Painted Hills

We almost passed right by the Painted Hills sign without getting a picture with it. Luckily I said something in time for Will to stop so Mama and I could run back for a quick picture session. I had a mouth full of food and my jumping picture was an epic fail, but that's okay...I got my pictures!

Painted Hills
Painted Hills

2 comments:

  1. Fossils are just so cool, aren't they? All of these trails look like awesome places to wander!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was AMAZING! I've seen some pictures of longer trails that we didn't get to do. We'll have to get check them out sometime in the future. All the trails we walked added up to a couple miles altogether. Really short so we were able to take our time without worrying about not making it through them all.

    ReplyDelete